The County of Vermilion River is seeking a highly motivated, efficient and outgoing individual to join our safety-oriented team as Development Officer in our Planning & Development Department.
A competitive salary and comprehensive municipal benefits package is available. The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check and drivers abstract. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applications clearly marked: "CONFIDENTIAL - DEVELOPMENT OFFICER" can be submitted by Friday, July 30, 2021 to:
Human Resources Manager
County of Vermilion River
4912-50 Avenue, Box 69
Kitscoty, AB T0B 2P0
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Evaluate development proposals and apply relevant development processes as per policy and legislation
- Assist with proposed subdivision applications
- Coordinate development permit applications and ensure compliance
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements for development
- As the key contact with the public on development matters, be knowledgeable and provide accurate information to developers
- Special projects as required (financial, data and information management, records management, etc.)
- Customer service is essential; professionalism and effective communication on the phone, using email, and in-person customer care to provide services in a helpful and courteous manner
- Prepare written reports, documents, Council agenda items, applications, etc.
- Maintain digital and non-digital items such as land titles, road closures, subdivision applications, etc.
- Assist the Development authority with enforcement of the Land Use regulations to ensure compliance with the Land Use Bylaw and Development Permit(s)
- Adhere to bylaws, policies, regulations and standards
- Alberta Applied Land Use Planning Certificate is required
- Post-secondary education in Planning or a related field
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jul 15, 2021
Closing Date: Jul 30, 2021