Completion of Grade 12 (Diploma) or equivalent combined with bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration or a related field OR post-secondary education in Fire Services or Emergency Management; combined with Minimum 10 years in Fire Services with at least 3 years in a managerial or an officer role. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA):
** 1001 Level II ** 1021 Level I ** 472 Operations level ** 1041 Level I
- Completion of Fire Group “A” Safety Codes program
- Standard First Aid CPR/AED “C”, Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
- Certified Journeyman in heavy Duty Mechanics (considered an asset)
- Valid Alberta Class 3 with Q (Air) Endorsement Driver’s License, Class 4 would be an asset
- Intermediate computer skills with above average working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
We take pride in serving the people who live, work, and visit the Special Areas. We believe our job is to be good stewards of public resources while providing the cost-effective, proactive, and responsive services you rely on. Special Areas is committed to a healthy, safe, and respectful workplace where your contributions make a real difference. Our employee code of conduct sets out how we serve people of the Special Areas, including our commitment to ethical, impartial, and professional conduct.
More information: • Rob Palmer, Acting Fire Chief – 403-857-9221
• Lisa Colby, HR Supervisor – 403-854-5604
Please send a resume quoting competition number and a contact email address to:
Human Resource Services - Special Areas Board
Hanna, AB T0J 1P0 SpecialAreasHR@specialareas.ab.ca
We thank all applicants; however, only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted