Posting ID: JR267
Temporary, Full-time - 40 hours / week
Day, evening, and weekend shifts availability required
$19.61 - $24.55 /hourly
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a temporary, full-time Custodian for our Facility operations department.
About this opportunity:
While reporting to the Lead, Facility Operations, you will be responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, maintenance and overall appearance of a City of Leduc building. In addition, you will be responsible for providing friendly, courteous and professional services by assisting customers as required; this may include set up and take down of equipment during special events.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understand and use the safety, emergency and security procedures for the facility.
- Cleaning of Change Rooms.
- Cleaning of Washrooms
- Cleaning of Common Rooms
- Garbage & Recyclables Removal.
Completion of custodial checklists
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 months related custodial experience; equivalencies may be considered
- Knowledge of proper cleaning procedures, use of cleaning agents and materials
- Knowledge of WHMIS and Occupational Health & Safety Standards is strongly desired
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, evenings and weekends
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Possess computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be willing to provide a current, clear Criminal Records Check at your own expense
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 11:59 am (MT) on June 12, 2023. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: May 26, 2023
Closing Date: June 12, 2023