- Post-secondary Degree in Planning or related discipline. A Master’s Degree in Planning or a related field would be an asset.
- Eligibility for membership with the Canadian Institute of Planners and Alberta Professional Planners Institute is desired.
- Five years’ experience in the current planning area is required. Previous related experience in a public sector environment is preferred.
- Ability to interpret engineering plans; planning, environmental and social-economic reports; building and site plans; statutory plans and policy documents.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and public relations skills to communicate effectively and diplomatically with the public, elected officials, external authorities, organizations and developers.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Competition Number: 18-60
Rate of Pay: Competitive salary to be commensurate with education and experience.
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Competition Closing Date: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 at 4:30 p.m.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.