As our preferred candidate, you will have:
- Grade 12 and completion of a two-year diploma in Business Administration, Accounting, or other relevant discipline required and preferably be currently undertaking course work towards a professional accounting designation, or degree in Business Administration or relevant Management.
- 4 years performing financial analysis and advice for a large organization, preferably within a municipal department.
- Must have knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals (GAAP), specifically as they relate to a municipal accounting environment and procedures as applied in an integrated computer environment.
- Proficiency in the use of JD Edwards computerized accounting systems, and other relevant operating software programs an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with business software such as Excel, Word and Power Point is required.
In addition to the 9 Core Competencies (i.e., Ethical Conduct & Values, Service Focus, Problem Solving/Thinking, Planning & Organizing, Leadership, Development, Communication & Interaction, Adaptability & Change Management, Understanding the Municipal Political Environment) – the following are specific to this position:
- Must have ability to apply accounting theory in conjunction with approved policies and procedures.
- Must be able to process a high volume of information accurately daily and within tight deadlines.
- Ability to lead, train and educate staff.
- Must be able to problem solve and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, primarily with City staff, user and stakeholder groups, contractors and occasionally with other government officials.
- Proficient in the use of basic office equipment e.g., photocopier, fax machine, calculator, etc.
- Working knowledge of basic office, accounting, and records management procedures.
What we offer:
In addition to the competitive wage of $43.06 to $45.32 per hour and an excellent benefit package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals. If you like what you have read and think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer.
We welcome applications until May 23, 2022
For more information, and to apply online, please visit www.reddeer.ca/careers or email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.