** A full position description can be provided upon request**
- Completion of a post-secondary certificate or diploma program in Marketing and Communications, Public Relations or related field, plus a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years’ experience; an equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Certificate or extensive experience with applicable software, including but not limited to: Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.), Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, etc.
- Above-average proficiency with the English language, both written and verbal.
- Exemplary writing, editing and review skills.
- Must have a strong understanding of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) in a business environment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of web page organization, writing for the web, and website planning, design, functionality and maintenance.
- Excellent priority-setting, planning, and organizational skills, with the ability to meet deadlines.
- High level of confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization as well as stakeholders, in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team-oriented environment.
- Valid Class 5 drivers’ license, with acceptable drivers’ abstract.
- Criminal Records Check.
- Experience with a variety of multi-media, including photography and video is an asset.
- Experience within a local government environment is considered an asset.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Red Deer County offers a competitive compensation package, learning opportunities, and work hours that enable a superior work-life balance.
Qualified parties are requested to submit a detailed resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department no later than 12:00 p.m., Friday, December 28th 2018
Jennifer Dennis - Human Resources Coordinator
Red Deer County Centre
38106 Range Road 275
Red Deer County, AB T4S 2L9
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.