Reporting to the Corporate Communications Manager, the Corporate Communications Specialist will assist in the development and execution of internal and external communication programs and strategies for Red Deer County. The Corporate Communications Specialist will also assist in the management of content of Red Deer County’s website, intranet, along with social media platforms to ensure the quality of the County’s image, brand, and reputation, as reflected in the appearance and content of all electronic and printed materials, ensuring strategic messaging and visual identity standards.
Detailed duties of the Corporate Communications Specialist
position include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the primary contact for website content development and maintenance, including the staff intranet and social media.
- Consult with County staff to set priorities and schedules for web content.
- Gather, coordinate, edit, and/or produce advertisements, public notices, brochures, posters, and other promotional materials while ensuring that branding is in place.
- Assist in the development of social media content and graphics on a variety of topics pertaining to Red Deer County’s various departments.
- Monitor media and social media channels, providing analytics and updates.
- Provide communications support and assistance (including multimedia marketing and promotional support) to County staff in the planning of special events and community related activities.
- Assist in the assurance that all communications are delivered in a timely, effective, efficient, and appropriate manner.
- Perform the duties of Public Information Officer under the Disaster Services Plan, when required.
- In cases of supporting emergency situations, interruption during evenings and weekends to respond to public, media, technical, or safety concerns in the community may occur.
- Provide excellent customer service and public relations related to Corporate Communications.
Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as required within the scope of the position.