Leduc County is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Community Support Services Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Manager – Community Support Services, this exciting opportunity provides support to adult individuals in goal setting, skill building and navigating change, and is accountable for, the delivery of one-on-one and group programs and initiatives. Through managing priorities, the coordinator is a key contributor to the achievement of the department’s operational deliverables.
The safety of our staff and citizens is our primary concern and we are dedicated to providing and maintaining a healthy work-life balance and environment for our employees.
Leduc County’s mission is to serve its citizens and create an enhanced quality of life through effective leadership, committed partnerships and open, transparent communication. Our vision is to be a leading member of the Edmonton Metropolitan Region, offering an economic advantage, sustainable agricultural network, environmental leadership and an unsurpassed quality of life.
You are a team and relationship builder who promotes a safe, collaborative and professional work environment. You are committed to continuous improvement, customer service, innovation and supporting Leduc County’s vision of growing a vibrant and spirited community.
If your knowledge and skill dealing with family violence issues, family dynamics, trauma informed approach, group facilitation, and program design and implementation comes second nature to you, keep reading because we want to hear from you!
What’s in it for you
Our leadership team values your voice, input and is committed to your growth and success. We are committed to be our best and hire the best!
We offer a competitive annual salary of between $71,155 - $88,944, a municipal pension plan, three-weeks vacation allocation, and an employer-paid comprehensive benefits package.
The opportunity is permanent full-time and is 35 hours per week scheduled Monday to Friday, with some extended hours to meet operational requirements. The office is located at 101-1101 5 St. Nisku, AB.
Key Responsibilities Include:
What you will do
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the department’s operational plan, by coordinating work and complying with Family and Community Services Act and Regulation, and other relevant legislation.
- Prioritizes work in a changeable environment.
- Implements projects and day-to-day work assignments to meet service area deliverables.
- Determines the needs of individuals in the communities through evaluation, research and outcome measures to determine ways of addressing those needs.
- Assesses individual situations and provides short-term goal setting and skill building support.
- Compiles and maintains case notes, client and group files.
- Records statistical information and prepares reports as required.
- Facilitates community workshops, information sessions and support groups on various social issues to educate and raise awareness of social programs and supports.
- Purchases good/services on behalf of the county, within their assigned authority, ensuring efficient, responsible use of funds.
- Develops and recommends administrative directives and procedures that adhere to applicable legislation.
- Plans and implements projects that fall within the community support services function.
- Researches and carries out special projects and reports as assigned.
- Strives to continually enhance the quality and delivery of services through efficiencies and innovation.
- Adheres to guidelines as set out in Leduc County’s policies and administrative directives.
- Accountable for working in compliance with the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code and participation in the Health, Safety and Wellness Program.
Performs related duties as required.
What you need to succeed
A diploma and registered social worker certificate plus five (5) years of experience, in community development, case management and assessment.
Must be eligible for, or maintain, membership in the Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW).
Nice to have
Familiarity with municipal operations and knowledge of rural communities is an asset. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted on our website at careers.leduc-county.com
to be considered. This opportunity will remain open until 4:30 p.m. August 26, 2022.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Aug 05, 2022
Closing Date: Aug 26, 2022