Enhances the social well-being of individuals, families and community through preventive programming. Community Counselling offers individuals and families social support services from a person centered, strength based approach.
Primarily short term preventative counselling, information and referral services are available to residents at any age or stage of life.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provides family and individual counseling to Sturgeon County residents through home, office or school visits in order to promote social and emotional well-being and strong healthy relationships.
- Crisis intervention may be provided within the mandate of prevention and our general municipal counselling program until a more appropriate agency is involved.
- Development and implementation of outreach to the community e.g., provide information and referral to residents.
- At family’s request, facilitates meetings and case conferences which may include family, student,school staff and / or other professionals involved in order to co ordinate efforts, share information and advocate for the client.
- Program evaluation and reporting e.g., work with staff team to develop program logic models and accompanying outcomes measurement plans, data collection tools and evaluation practices including mechanisms for continuous improvement.
- Outreach to the community as a liaison with organizations and community groups, e.g., liaise with other organizations and community groups through participation in Interagency meetings, community events, focus groups and committee meetings throughout the service area; share and collect information from these community groups and act as a representative of Community Services and FCSS.
- Maintains accurate client records
- Align practice and service with pertinent legislation (Childrens First Act, Child Youth Enhancement Act, F.O.I.P.P., Alberta College of Social Workers Practice Standards) and review and revise program policy, procedures and forms, as necessary.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email quoting the competition number in the subject line.
- University degree in Social Work, Community & Social Development, or related discipline.
- Social Workers must be registered with Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW).
- Clear Criminal Record and Child Intervention Checks deemed satisfactory by the County.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and an acceptable Driver’s Abstract
- Maintain valid Standard First Aid CPR C and AED certifications.
- Knowledge of regional resources
- Analytical and creative thinking skills as a member of the team, e.g., negotiate and deal effectively with people in difficult situations.
- Knowledge of governance issues, e.g., policy development and interpretation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated, ability to work in a fast paced environment and respond to action requests/ deadlines in a timely manner.
- Proficiency with MS Office, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $ 72,695-$95, 661
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Posted Date: June 03, 2019
Closing Date: June 11, 2019
Job ID: Competition #: 48-2019