As our preferred candidate, you will have:
What we offer:
- Successful completion of a two year diploma from a recognized college in Secretarial Science, Office Administration, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Four years of experience in an administrative position that included considerable public contact and customer service. Previous senior administrative experience would be an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Developed skill in formatting documents and preparation of innovative presentation materials.
- Developed ability in utilizing common business software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook OneNote, and ability to learn and adapt to new and emerging software(s) as business need requires.
- Experience providing administrative support for senior management presentations, schedules, agreements, customer service, budget, and committee facilitation in the areas of municipal government, power, development, transportation, environment and emergency services would be an asset.
- Ability to type 60 wpm accurately.
- The ability to effectively communicate while dealing with the public, other staff members and other City Departments within a hectic and sometimes critical environment of public complaints and emotional situations.
- Must have good listening skills, speak clearly and concisely, and able to respond courteously to public inquires and criticisms.
- A demonstrated proficiency at working independently using initiative to prioritize and complete duties and workload efficiently in a multi-tasking team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality when working with confidential material and subject matter.
- Knowledge of municipal governance and administrative processes.
In addition to the competitive wage of $30.04 to $31.81 per hour, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
If you think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer.
We welcome applications until August 23, 2019.
For more information, and to apply, please visit us at https://reddeer.hgcareers.com/js/
or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org