Key Responsibilities Include:
• Facilitate the development of strategies, initiatives and programs aimed at achieving the Community Services Advisory and Gravel Extraction Committee’s Boards Mandate. Attend meetings, implement initiatives, and complete requests.
• Direct activities of professional and technical staff members to ensure completion of all programs outlined in the annual department business plan.
• Ensure that department activities are adequately resourced by preparing, monitoring and controlling the annual department capital and operating budgets.
• Provides oversight to capital and other Community Services projects related to planning, budgeting, tendering and project management.
• Provides personnel leadership of the Community Services Department including hiring, promoting, succession planning, goal setting, information sharing, training and performance evaluation.
• Establish and oversee administrative procedures to meet objectives set by council, boards or senior management.
• Respond to public inquiries and complaints related to department programs while maintaining good public relations.
• Represent the interest of Sturgeon County on Regional Partnership Committees such as River Valley Alliance, and Athabasca Landing Trail.
• Establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and organizations in community in order to meet community needs and to ensure that services are not duplicated.
• Responsible to collaborate and liaise with community organizations and agencies including the establishment of leases for use of municipal reserves as required.
• Prepares reports to Council regarding the Community Services Department.
• Participate as a member of the Municipality’s leadership team and management group, assumes cross-departmental responsibility for developing and assisting with corporate initiatives.
• Evaluate the work of staff in order to ensure that programs are of appropriate quality and that resources are used effectively.
• Develop, monitor and report department service levels.
• Responsible and accountable for the safety of staff and visitors as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
Bachelor of Recreation Administration or a post-secondary education in a related discipline with 2 – 5 years related experience in the field of Family Community Support Services and Recreation. A minimum of two years supervisory experience is required. Holds or is working towards CLGM would be an asset.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $118,949 - $156,530
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Posted Date: Jul 30, 2019
Closing Date: Aug 09, 2019