- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma related to community development, program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- A minimum of five (5) years related experience, particularly with community-based agencies.
- A combination of acceptable education and experience may be considered.
- Must have or be willing to acquire extensive knowledge of the community, various government ministries and funding agencies.
- Proven supervisory skills.
- Self-starter who has the ability to work independently.
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing conditions; work within a deadline oriented environment.
- Excellent customer service focus with the ability to deal with the public, volunteer boards, and Council.
- Proven records of flexibility, initiative, independence, organizational skills, and report writing.
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information.
- High degree of accuracy in work processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel), as well as data-entry experience is essential.
- Acceptable Criminal Records Check.
- Experience in a local government environment is also considered an asset.
This is a permanent, full-time position. Red Deer County offers a competitive compensation package, learning opportunities, and work hours that enable a superior work-life balance.
Qualified parties are requested to submit a detailed resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department no later than 12:00 p.m., Monday, January 21st 2019
Jennifer Dennis - Human Resources Coordinator
Red Deer County Centre
38106 Range Road 275
Red Deer County, AB T4S 2L9
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.