Key Responsibilities Include:
• Provide support to program registrations and process payments.
• Prepare and distribute the agenda package and minutes for internal (Department) and external (Community Services Advisory Board and Seniors Advisory Council) Committee. Liaison with Community Services Advisory Board Members and Community Associations.
• Review incoming correspondence, forward matters to the attention of appropriate Department staff and following up as necessary.
• Prepare materials for the Community Association Grant program.
• Prepare and balance the till weekly.
• Provide Administrative support to Special Event permits and Hay/Grazing Licenses.
• Perform routine data entry including department employee timesheet entry into payroll software.
• Provide reception and attend to residents and staff who have various general inquires over the counter and by telephone, directing them to the appropriate personnel.
• Code invoices to appropriate general ledgers and prepare request for cheques and invoices and other financial documents.
• Perform other related duties as required, including ordering and maintenance of office supplies.
• Assemble, prepare and distribute material and information, for meetings, conferences, etc.
• Provide administrative support to programs.
• Coordinates bookings for the senior bus & van.
• Responsible for supporting the Department Records and Information Management Program through the maintenance, control and disposition of records. Prepare correspondence, reports, agendas, agreements, department referrals and other documents for the department.
A diploma in secretarial or office administration or equivalent with a minimum of three or more years related experience. Previous experience working with the public is a requirement.
Your competencies include good organizational skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, proficiently skilled in all Microsoft Office programs, creative, excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent time management and multi-tasking capabilities. Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a team environment while under pressure in a fast-paced department. This position requires a friendly and energetic personality to provide exceptional customer service and ongoing public relations.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $49,990 - $65,782 per annum
Position Type: Temporary Full Time approx.
Posted Date: June 03, 2019
Closing Date: June 13, 2019