Please submit your resume and cover letter by email quoting the competition number in the subject line to:
Morinville, AB T8R 1L9
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Sturgeon County is an equal opportunity employer.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsible to support the implementation of Social and Recreation programs and promote those opportunities to Sturgeon County residents.
• Support and test activity registration software.
• Input and verify program entry into the activity registration system, support residents through the registration process as required, prepare class lists, manage program cancelations and class changes, monitoring online registrations.
• Survey development, implementation, and support with an online survey and questionnaire tool to gather the necessary information for outcome reporting.
• Plan, organize, implement, evaluate and report on community events and programs in Sturgeon County including the booking of facilities, procurement of supplies and materials, and report and monitor program budgets.
• Receive and process community block party applications.
• Book and maintain inventory of rental equipment including block party kits, games and canopies.
• Complete final program reports including recommendations for future programs and planning.
• Advertise and market of all programs.
• Liaison with program staff, participants and community volunteers to ensure high quality programs experiences.
• Plan, prepare, and schedule all school open houses.
• Casual/relief leader when required.
• Perform routine data entry including department employee timesheet entry into payroll software.
• Quote, Order, and Receipt program equipment and supplies as required.
• Assist the Department with Records and Information Management Program through the maintenance, control, and disposition of department records
• Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
• Post-secondary education in recreation, education or other related field and previous experience working in a program setting.
• Valid first aid certificate and defensive driving is required prior to start.
• A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
• A valid class 4 would be an asset.
• A clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Record Check is required
• strong organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, extremely detail oriented, with interpersonal skills to work with staff members and external customers
• strong computer skills and demonstrate a high level of competency using all Microsoft programs and other related software.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jan 16, 2019
Closing Date: Jan 25, 2019