• Support registration software.
• Input and verify program entry into the activity registration system, support residents through the registration process as required, prepare class lists, manage program cancelations and class changes, monitoring online registrations.
• Plan, organize, implement, evaluate and report on community events and programs in Sturgeon County including the booking of facilities, procurement of supplies and materials and report and monitor program budgets.
• Receive and process community block party applications.
• Book and maintain inventory of rental equipment including block party kits, games and canopies.
• Complete final summer program report including recommendations for future programs and planning.
• Support recruitment and supervision of seasonal/summer staff.
• Provide direct support to both Coordinator positions in department to ensure identified needs of community are addressed and supported.
• Advertise and market of all programs.
• Liaison with program staff, participants and community volunteers to ensure high quality programs experiences.
• Plan, prepare and schedule all school open houses.
• Casual/relief for summer programs when required.
• Perform routine data entry including department employee timesheet entry into payroll software.
• Support the process of acquiring program equipment (quotes, ordering and receipt). Assist the department with Records and Information Management Program through the maintenance, control, and disposition department records.
• Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
Post-secondary education in recreation, education or other related field and previous experience working in a program setting, in addition supervisory experience would be considered an asset. Valid first aid certificate, acceptable drivers abstract, and defensive driving is required prior to start. A valid class 4 would be an asset. A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required. A clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Record Check is required, and we will require both checks to be renewed every three years for returning employees.
This position requires strong organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills, extremely detail oriented, with interpersonal skills to work with staff members and external customers to support department programs and services. You need the ability to take initiative, be resourceful, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Successful candidate will be required to complete training for a van/bus use pulling a trailer.
The incumbent must have strong computer skills and demonstrate a high level of competency using all Microsoft programs and other related software.
Please submit your application by email quoting competition number 81-2019 in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical job requirements include occasional lifting of 30 pounds, sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
Must be available to work the occasional evening or weekends.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $58,926-$77,541
Position Type: Temporary
Posted Date: Dec 18, 2019
Closing Date: Dec 30, 2019
Job ID: 81-2019