Completion of the Community Peace Officer Level 2 Training Course with a minimum of three years recent bylaw enforcement experience.
- Possess highly effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Thorough and sound knowledge of the Bylaws, the Municipal Government Act (MGA), and County Bylaws and Polices.
- Knowledge and understanding of the MGA as it pertains to the processes of issuing Municipal and Violation Notices, and Court Orders for compliance if corrective action for a violation does not occur.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with a strong focus on customer service.
- Must possess positive public relations and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a strong ability for attention to detail, accuracy, timing and scheduling of work for this position, with the ability to meet demanding deadlines.
- Must be individually motivated with the ability to act independently within a close team environment, exercising independent judgment within tight time frames.
- Exceptional ability to effectively and rationally deal with difficult people and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Excellent time management and organization skills, and the ability to effectively handle a demanding workload.
- Maintain a high level of dress and deportment that will demonstrate a positive representation of the Department and the County.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access).
- Clean Criminal Record.
- Possess a valid class 5 drivers' license.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please Note: All applicants must be legally entitled to live and work in Canada.
The personal information in this application is being collected for the purpose of the selection and recruitment and is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, section 33(c). If you have questions regarding the collection or use of this information, contact the Director of Employee Relations.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements for this position.
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to: www.rockyview.jobs.
Applications are due by 10 pm MST on the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.