Applicants will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Degree/Diploma in Police and Justice Studies or related field.
- Valid class 5 Operators license, with clean abstract.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to perform physically demanding work, often in adverse conditions.
- Good communications skills, in both oral and written forms.
- First Aid/AED/CPR training.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- ICS 100/200/300 training an asset.
Preference may be given to those who possess a Diploma/Degree in Law Enforcement/Criminology from a recognized post-secondary institution, have completed the Community Peace Officer Level 1 training program or have previous law enforcement experience. Entry level candidates who meet the necessary requirements to be appointed through the Solicitor General and Public Security as a Community Peace Officer Level 1 will be considered. A detailed position description can be found on the MD’s website at: www.mdbighorn.ca/Jobs.aspx
Applications will be accepted up until 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 13, 2022. Resumes should be submitted in confidence to:
Robert Ellis, Chief Administration Officer
Municipal District of Bighorn No. 8
2 Heart Mountain Drive
E-mail to: Robert.Ellis@mdbighorn.ca
The MD of Bighorn thanks all applicants for their interest, but advises that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.