Community Peace Officer l (CPOl)
Community and Protective Services
Comp # CS-22-33
The City of Wetaskiwin is seeking an individual that displays mature and sound judgement with excellent customer service skills that wants to positively contribute to our local community. The successful candidate must be able to work a 40/hour week including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. The City of Wetaskiwin offers an attractive and competitive compensation package including health and dental benefits and a pension program.
Reporting to the Senior Peace officer, the Community Peace Officer l provides enforcement of Municipal Bylaws and selected Provincial Statutes in accordance with the policies set out by the Council and the authorities appointed by the Province of Alberta. The Community Peace Officer, through observation and the receipt of complaints, enforces municipal bylaws and selected provincial statutes within the community. as well as observe traffic, conduct traffic stops, issue warnings, violation tags, or provincial tickets as appropriate.
You are the ideal candidate if…
- You have a firm comprehensive understanding of municipal bylaws
- You have excellent customer service skills.
- You have impeccable problem-solving skills
- You have high tolerance to stress/pressure and can meet deadlines
- The great outdoor elements don’t bother you
- You are highly organized and time efficient
- You are a team player with good character
- Adaptable to change