Are you a results-driven communications professional ready to take your career to the next level? This is an exciting, high-impact opportunity to play a key role in leading strategic communications activities for the Safety Codes Council.
Reporting to the Manager of Communications and Member Relations, the Communications Specialist is responsible for internal and external communications activities for the Safety Codes Council and aligns communications activities with the strategic objectives and priorities of the Council. You are a passionate and persuasive communicator who thrives on interacting with stakeholders at all organizational levels, from front-line staff to the executive team. You are collaborative and creative with a keen eye for detail, bringing with you an innovative and diverse portfolio of experience.
Your role is responsible for developing strategic communications plans for key transformational projects and reporting their progress and communicating to a variety of audiences through the web and on social media platforms. Working with a talented team of professionals, you will be a fundamental component of the voice of the Council.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, vision and a health spending account
- Generous RSP and employer matching Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
Please submit your resume via Careers - Safety Codes Council or email to HR@safetycodes.ab.ca.
- Office location is 10405 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta.
- Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week (Monday – Friday).
- Position is subject to a pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check.
- A Cover Letter explaining your qualification and suitability for this role is required with your application.
The Council thanks all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.