Town of Crossfield Communications & Research Officer Employment Opportunity
The Town of Crossfield is a growing community in the Calgary metropolitan region with vibrant heritage and a strong industrial base. Crossfield is poised for continued growth and seeks a skilled professional for a new position of Communications and Research Officer. The successful candidate will develop a broad range of communication strategies and contribute research skills and policy know-how to projects undertaken by the CAO, Town Council and the senior team.
Upon hiring, the incumbent will become a key member of a project team working to deliver an innovative and exciting downtown redevelopment project. The Communications and Research Officer will assist with communications, community engagement and public relations expertise as a member of a downtown revitalization project team.
In addition to the downtown project, this position will be the lead for town of Crossfield ongoing communications and assist the CAO and council with project and research support. This position will require adaptability to an ever changing environment as the municipality pursues new projects and opportunities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Develop strategies to receive public input and shape public awareness
• Develop and assist with creating content for website and social media platforms
• Plan and implement community engagements and public communications
• Coordinate the information flow within all parts of the organization to ensure consistency and accuracy of messages to the community
• Prepare and distribute internal and external communications
• Manage stakeholder relations through the course of the Downtown Revitalization Project
• Provide support in research, writing and editing of public information (i.e., staff and community newsletters, press releases, website content, including social media and oral presentations)
• Conduct research and environmental scans to assist CAO with preparation of council briefings and background information
• Provide advisory services to staff and council on matters related to new projects, communications, public policy / procedure and governance
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis to assist with research and inform decision making.
The Town of Crossfield seeks to be an Employer of Choice and offers its employees a defined benefit pension plan, comprehensive health benefits, generous employee policies, as well as support for lifelong learning. The work week is 35 hours with evening and weekend work occasionally required.
The position will remain open until July 19th at 4:30 pm Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
• Degree or diploma with at least four years of combined education and experience
• Ability to organize various facets of information-gathering and communications
• Background in municipal government plus local area knowledge would be considered an asset
• Self-starter with the ability to demonstrate common sense and sound judgment
• Innovator with excellent written and oral communication know how
• Savvy with technology and social media
• Advanced skills is Microsoft Office Suite including experience with Adobe Creative Suite
• Ability to think critically and deal effectively with changing priorities
• Manage tight deadlines and maintain a positive attitude
• Attention to detail, high regard for quality and consistency are essential