Position Type: Temporary (2 years) Full-Time
Rate of Pay: $74,418 - $97,929 per annum.
Hours of Work: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
Competition Close Date: March 7, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.
We are looking for an experienced Communications Officer who can provide strategic communications and public engagement expertise to support large-scale projects within the Infrastructure Services Division. This position will focus on improving internal and external communications, and public awareness of past, current and future projects using multiple communication methods. The ideal candidate is positive, hard-working, kind, and an innovative generalist who is not afraid of doing a little bit of everything. Most of the work will be able to be done remotely but the ability to come to Sturgeon County somewhat regularly is a definite advantage.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement communications plans that include evaluation and measurement to meet objectives and goals aligned with the Sturgeon County Strategic Plan.
- Coordinate advertising plans for requesting departments and for the Corporate Communications Department that include detailed scheduling and budget considerations.
- Manage and execute sizeable events which require prioritization and a high level of project management while adhering to regulations, permitting, and licensing while attracting and securing sponsors when appropriate.
- Serve as a County representative with media, ratepayers, staff and media, regarding special events, services and program information.
- Provide input to the Manager of Corporate Communications regarding budget requirements for campaigns, events, various special projects, promotions.
- Provide support in identifying emerging issues; develop strategies and key messages as issues arise.
- Undertake a secondary role in media and public relations during emergencies, coordinating clear, effective and timely communications, providing direction and advice on crisis communications and serving as Public Information Officer as required.
- Complete special projects as required.
Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
- Ability to provide and maintain a home-based office as a condition of employment, with the ability to work from the Sturgeon County office or travel outside of the community, when required.
- Diploma or Certificate in Public Relations, Communications, Business Administration or acceptable equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in corporate communications, with an emphasis on municipal government and/or public engagement.
- Membership/involvement with IABC and/or CPRS is preferred.
- Experience designing for print, web, and other digital mediums using Adobe Creative Suite programs is preferred.
- Infrastructure related communication skills would be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience working in municipal government is preferred.
- Well-developed project and time management skills with the ability to multitask and in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Relationship building skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Results oriented work-style and commitment to excellent customer service.
- Strong research and analytical skills with an eye for detail.
- Proven ability to keep up-to-date with industry best practices.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $74,418 - $97,929 per annum
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time (2 Years)
Posted Date: Feb 25, 2021
Closing Date: Mar 07, 2021
Job ID: 19-2021