Reporting to the Director of Legislative/Community and Agricultural Services, this position is responsible for directing the overall coordination of the County’s public information and community relations functions, including being a key liaison with Council and the CAO. This will include the execution of the planning, development, and implementation of internal and external communication strategies consistent with the corporate and business focuses of Mountain View County. Further, the position is responsible for increasing public awareness of County programs and services while promoting a positive County image.
- Develop, implement, and markets a Communications Strategy and associated action plans related to the Communications sector.
- Assist all County departments with the development of public relations’ strategies and coordination of related activities and projects;
- Research and prepare draft media releases, newspaper articles, speeches, and presentations. Coordinate media interviews and monitor media coverage to ensure accuracy;
- Prepare information materials for distribution to the general public. Builds awareness within the County at large by developing and coordinating various publications including an annual Budget Report to the Public and quarterly updates from Council;
- Prepares and coordinates all municipal advertising for the weekly public information page for local newspapers.
- Oversees ongoing development of the County website, social media platforms and mobile application.
- Manages the County’s Intergovernmental Communications Committee including the development of summaries outlining the County’s lobbying efforts.
- Assists with the development and administration of various public participation opportunities throughout the organization.
- Acts as the Public Information Officer within the County’s Emergency Management team as required.