Lac La Biche County is an organization driven by principles surrounding Excellence, Communication, Safety and Wellness, Collaboration, and Environmental Sustainability. Our employees enjoy the charm of working in the Lakeland Region, away from the hustle and bustle of the big city while still being able to enjoy a diverse, fast paced and fulfilling work environment. Our community is known to be one of the most diverse and unique communities in Alberta. Not only is it rich in history and culture, but it is also surrounded by forests, parks, lakes, and golden sand beaches!
We continuously strive to remain an employer of choice by offering a strong health and safety program, competitive pay, amazing benefits, opportunities for professional development, as well as many wellness initiatives that support a work/life balance. We also take pride in maintaining high standards surrounding equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Purpose of the position
The position will (but not limited to):
- Communicate information about external County programs and services.
- Establish internal communications protocols, ensuring effective communication between County staff.
- Assist the department with managing the County’s reputation and public image.
Competition Number: 38-CC-21
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidate is found
- Salary range is: $35.74 to $46.24 hourly
- Full Time Term position (6 months)
- Hours: Based on a 35-hour workweek, typically Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
If applying outside of our Lac La Biche County website, interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by clicking on the following link:
Candidates from this competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same classification level within the next 6 months.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Want to be a part of our County team?
To be successful in this position, you will:
If this sounds like you, please proceed with your application!
- Come to us with related education and experience with demonstrated passion to continue to develop in your field.
- Have knowledge of municipal government, including specialized knowledge of the different types of departments, programs, and services offered.
- Use creative thinking and bring strong writing skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Possess exemplary communication skills through all mediums.
For more information regarding specific position responsibilities and required abilities/ qualifications, please refer to the attached job description
(if applying outside of our Lac La Biche County website, the full Job Description will be available once you start your application process)
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jul 20, 2021
Closing Date: Aug 04, 2021