Are you passionate about relationship-building? Do you go the extra mile to ensure people feel heard and included? If so, we invite you to apply for this internally focused Communications Assistant position with the City of Wetaskiwin!
The City is looking for a Communications Assistant to develop and support the effective delivery of information to City employees as part of its internal corporate communications efforts. This position will support our strategic goal of promoting a healthy corporate culture by leading internal communications efforts throughout the organization while ensuring alignment with the Corporate Business Plan and Wetaskiwin’s Fifty-Year Community Vision.
Reporting to the Manager of Communications, this position will positively contribute to building a strong and connected organizational culture which is instrumental to achieve business goals and retaining qualified and motivated employees. This position will work closely with the Human Resource department, City Administration, and various teams within the organization to plan, support and execute internally focused information, engagement initiatives, and projects.
You are the ideal candidate if…
- You value an open and engaging teamwork environment.
- You have excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- You have high standards for your work with strong attention to detail.
- You are strongly motivated to learn, eager to meet (or exceed) basic requirements, can tolerate stress/pressure, and are able to meet competing deadlines.
- You seek to understand the informational needs of internal stakeholders.
- You have experience working with a variety of internal engagement tools (intranet, etc.).
- You are passionate about equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace.