Posting ID: 22-26
Commercial HVAC Technician
Permanent, Full-Time (40 hours / week)
$82,617.60 – $103,313.60 / annum
This position has been deemed safety-sensitive by the employer, and as such
is subject to reasonable cause and post-incident drug and alcohol testing
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Commercial HVAC Technician in our Facility & Property Services Department.
About the Opportunity:
The Commercial HVAC Technician reports to the Manager, Facility & Property Services. The Commercial HVAC Technician is responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing and improving all air condition systems and associated control systems in all city buildings, including refrigeration appliances and providing support as needed for the industrial refrigeration ice plants. Additional duties may include maintaining and repairing various plumbing and heating systems support for various other maintenance and construction tasks as they arise.
An on-call rotation should be expected; shift work and overtime may occasionally be required.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing maintenance, repairs and overhauls on HVAC equipment and refrigeration appliances
- Conduct maintenance and repairs on air conditioning systems such as rooftop units and air handlers
- Maintain various electronic electromechanical and pneumatic control systems as they pertain to HVAC systems
- Troubleshoot various control systems to ensure efficient and effective equipment performance
- Maintain and repair dehumidification systems
- Perform improvements on HVAC and VAV Controls
- Ensuring that safety equipment, safety systems, WHMIS, TDG and standard operating procedures are maintained and current
- Inputting and updating repair and maintenance records in facility asset management software
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
- High School diploma
- Journeyman Red Seal ticket as Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the field of HVAC, including commercial refrigeration and air conditioning
- Must have a class 5 driver’s license with less than 6 demerits
- Basic computer skills are required
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety programs and follow safe work practices
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team and other departments
- Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts, evenings, weekends and overtime as required
- Must be able and willing to provide coverage in an on-call rotation
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check at own expense
- Must be willing to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Level Security Clearance
To apply, please visit our website at www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 10:00 pm (MT) on July 7, 2022. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: June 24, 2022
Closing Date: Jul 07, 2022