The mission of the Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA) is to “empower its members through proactive leadership, strategic partnerships, effective advocacy and collective business services”. RMA Business Services is one of Canada’s largest and most influential public sector buying groups. Under the banner head of Business Services, there are three longstanding business units: 1) RMA Trade incorporated in 1935, 2) RMA Insurance incorporated in 1955, and 3) RMA Fuel in business since 1996. Together these units offer products and services from over 120 approved suppliers; and represent over 2200 members across Canada, which accounts for total purchasing power of over $200 million.
The Client Relations Manager supports the marketing and retention activities of the RMA Business Services, with a focus on RMA Trade/Fuel. RMA Trade/Fuel operates in many provinces across Canada including BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. As such, the position is responsible for the marketing and business development activity of all RMA Business Services to current and potential public sector organizations. Inherent to the position is a large travel component, with some out-of- province travel requirements.
The Client Relations Manager works together with the RMA Business Development team and RMA Vendor Relations team to administer our procurement programs. The position will work closely with the Manager of Business Development, Manager of Vendor Relations, other Client Relations Managers and the Business Services Coordinator.
Location: This is a contract position based out of Winnipeg, Manitoba. The individual hired for the position will work remotely from our head office in Alberta.
This is a two (2) year term contract position with an option to renew.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
• This position will manage client relations activity for Business Services with a focus on RMA Trade and RMA Fuel
• Focus on implementing the marketing and operation plans with a primary focus on Manitoba, Eastern Saskatchewan and Northern Ontario.
• Responsible for member retention and new member recruitment through face-to-face member visits, phone and email.
• Developing and maintaining relationships with approved suppliers
• Marketing of RMA Trade and Fuel offerings and programs, with a focus on improving utilization and overall volume goals
• Responsible to provide frequent reporting to the Manager of Business Development on monthly activities
• Business development in key market areas
• Coordination of executing sales activity between members and approved suppliers
• Preferred business or marketing degree or equivalent training
• 3-4 years of marketing or business development experience
• Strong business acumen and ability to successfully communicate with multiple groups/industries
• Proven track record of reaching marketing objectives
• Experience working in multiple teams, and on multiple projects
• Aptitude for dealing with members and suppliers
• Strong time management skills
• A willingness to take on leadership roles
• Ability to travel
• Valid driver’s license
• Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
This posting will stay open until the position has been filled.
This position offers a competitive salary, and comprehensive benefit package, that will be discussed in a personal interview.
RMA is an equal opportunity employer. Any applicant that meets the qualifications above is encouraged to apply. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and those already legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applicants should send their resume and cover letter in PDF format outlining how they meet the above qualification requirements to: Monica An, Finance & HR Analyst. We thank all applicants, but due to the high volume of responses expected, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Mar 26, 2019
Closing Date: Apr 30, 2019