Clearwater County is a rural municipality in Central Alberta with proximity to the mountains and abundant recreational activities. Our ratepayers are a critical part of our planning, budget and delivery of programs. We are looking for the right person to fit our Operations and Infrastructure components of Public Works. We are providing a full-time temporary two (2) year position and anticipate bringing on the successful candidate by the end of this year or early January 2020.
Key Responsibilities Include:
If you are a recent graduate, or will be graduating by the end of this year, consider working for us to gain ‘boots on the ground’ experience in:
• Working with our staff in support of our road construction and rehabilitation, facilities, gravel operations, bridge and maintenance inspections, wastewater operations, surface roads, ditches, culverts and approaches;
• Analyze and optimize current routes;
• Prepare grant proposals;
• Review engineering and contract documents;
• Research specifications proposed by the County’s engineering subcontractors;
• Attend site inspections and become familiar with ratepayer and landowner issues; and,
• Draft and present information to Council.
• Recent or soon to graduate from post-secondary in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology.
• Eligibility to meet A.S.E.T./A.P.E.G.A. membership.
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and formulate engineering requirements.
• Proficiency in computer literacy and applying varying technologies.
• Excellent level of oral, written, presentation and communication skills.
• Commitment to being part of a customer-focused team.
We value accountability, integrity, community, service, and communications. Are you the fit for us? If so, please email [word or pdf format only] your resume, indicating your qualifications and interest in consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearwater County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Sept 12, 2019
Closing Date: Nov 30, 2019