A Post-Secondary relevant to Accounting, Commerce, Business, or a related discipline. Additionally, the successful candidate will possess:
- Proven experience in a senior financial leadership role within a public sector environment
- Demonstrated success in financial planning, implementation, change management, strategic and business planning processes and budget management
- Strong leadership, management and coaching skills
- High level of strategic, critical and logical thinking, analysis and reasoning
- High degree of discipline, with the ability to deliver on a variety of commitments and deadlines
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation and people management skills, with the ability to empower and motivate team members
- Well-developed political acumen with experience working through the CAO to support Council and local volunteer groups in a positive and mutually respectful environment,
- Certified Local Government Manager (CLGM) designation and/or significant senior leadership experience with municipalities is an asset
- Certificate in Local Authority Administration (NACLAA) is an asset
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office and Serenic, (previously Bellamy) Accounting Software is an asset. Preference will be given to candidates also with experience with Questica Budgeting software.
- Takes initiative while duly assessing risk factors.
- Membership or eligibility for membership, in various disciplines such as the Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators (CAMA), Society of Local Government Managers, Government Finance Officers’ Association, International City/ County Management Association (ICMA), etc.
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check
In compliance and consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), The Town of St. Paul shall respect the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information provided directly or indirectly verbally, electronically or in print in the process of engaging with candidates in our search assignments. This document may be subject to change.