The successful candidate is a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) with a minimum of 10 years of directly related experience of which at least 5 years are at a senior level, complemented with a minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business with a focus in Finance/Accounting (Master’s degree preferred). Additionally, the successful candidate will possess:
- Proven experience in a senior financial leadership role within a public sector environment
- Demonstrated success in financial planning, implementation, change management, strategic and business planning processes and budget management
- Strong leadership, management and coaching skills
- High level of strategic, critical and logical thinking, analysis and reasoning
- High degree of discipline, with the ability to deliver on a variety of commitments and deadlines
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation and people management skills, with the ability to empower and motivate team members
- Well-developed political acumen with experience working with elected officials and volunteer groups in a positive and mutually respectful environment
- Certified Local Government Manager (CLGM) designation and/or significant senior leadership experience with municipalities is an asset
- Certificate in Local Authority Administration (NACLAA) is an asset
- Membership or eligibility for membership, in various disciplines such as the Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators (CAMA), Society of Local Government Managers, Government Finance Officers’ Association, International City/ County Management Association (ICMA), etc.
- Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/jobs
Competition closes at 12:00 noon (MT) on March 26, 2021. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.