The Council of the Town of Three Hills invites applications for the position of Chief Administrative Officer to effectively manage and implement operations in accordance with Municipal Government and Council. This role is vital as the administrative head of the municipality, managing infrastructure, finance, economic development and human resources.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, detailed resume outlining experience, education, qualifications, references and salary expectations in confidence to Petra Jerricke at firstname.lastname@example.org The closing date for this posting is June 17, 2019.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
About the Town of Three Hills
From its humble beginnings as a Village in 1912, the Town of Three Hills has a long history of community hospitality, pride, economic expansion and convenient locality.
Three Hills has the security and quality of life of a small town with numerous “big city” amenities. The Downtown sector features numerous shopping and dining conveniences as well as several service necessities. With 7 parks and over 4kms of trails, abundant green space can be found throughout the community. In addition, excellent recreation facilities, dynamic arts organizations and numerous service groups, all lend well to the Towns quality of life.
The residents of Three Hills take great pride in providing a welcoming atmosphere for visitors and locals alike. Social events are commonplace with many venues to choose from, including markets, live theatre, celebrations and concerts. Community events take place throughout the year, including the famous Cruise Weekend, the first weekend of June. The Town’s abundant facilities, social opportunities, and a welcoming atmosphere make Three Hills a wonderful place to play!
Centrally located within an hour of Red Deer, Strathmore, Olds and Drumheller and approx. an hour from Calgary’s International Airport, Three Hills’ prime location makes this community a wonderful place to live, work and play.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Reporting directly to the Mayor and Municipal Council, this position’s responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure appropriate bylaws, directives, policies, procedures and programs are considered and approved by the Municipal Council;
- Develop, for Council approval, bylaws, directives, policies, procedures, etc. to meet the identified needs of a broad spectrum of clients;
- Develop, for Council approval, programs proposals and other initiatives;
- Attend all meetings of Council and committees of Council and meetings of such boards, authorities and other bodies as are required by Council;
- Oversee preparation of council meeting agendas and required documentation, bylaws, etc.;
- Prepare and submit to Council such reports and recommendations as may be required by Council or Council committees;
- Ensure that all minutes of Council meetings are recorded and signed in conjunction with the person presiding at the meeting;
- Consolidation of Town bylaws as authorized by Council;
- Effective implementation of all operations of the Town in accordance with provincial legislation and Council approved policies and programs;
- Assist Council with the formulation of strategic plans and documents; and
- Oversee record retention of all bylaws, minutes of Council meetings and all other records and documents of the Town.
The preferred candidate will possess:
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of ten (10) years of directly related experience in progressively more responsible positions within a local government setting;
- Completed a post-secondary degree program in Administration, Finance, or another related field;
- Post-secondary Degree in an approved Business, Public Administration, or Emergency Management field; and
- Certification in National Advanced Certificate in Local Authority Administration Level I and II (NACLAA) or equivalent.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: June 12, 2019
Closing Date: June 17, 2019