The Councils for the Summer Villages of Rochon Sands and White Sands are seeking a Chief Administrative Officer. Both the Summer Villages are located on the south shore of Buffalo Lake in Central Alberta, located within the County of Stettler No. 6. The Summer Villages are approximately 26 kms northwest of the Town of Stettler, 68 kms east of the City of Lacombe and 79 km east of the City of Red Deer. This is deemed a full-time position with costs shared between the two Summer Villages.
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of leadership, financial acumen, political savvy, and the ability to work collaboratively with elected officials, staff, citizens, government, and other community partners. Interested candidates must excel in being able to multi tasking to balance the needs of each individual community through the shared position.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) would report directly to both Councils independently of each other and would be the senior administrator for both Summer Villages providing information, advice, and recommendations to Council on issues that affect the municipality in order to ensure that Council makes informed decisions.
- The CAO represents the municipality as a key contributor for matters involving the province and other municipalities.
- The position oversees the following:
- Summer Village of Rochon Sands operations with additional duties as Campground Manager as contract operators of the Rochon Sands Provincial Park and the Narrows Provincial Recreation Area with 6 (seasonal) employees
- Summer Village of White Sands operations with one (1) full time Maintenance employee, and one contracted Development Officer,
- Shared Contracted Casual Financial Officer (Once a month)
Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate is a proven leader, with relevant post-secondary education and senior management experience in either the public or private sectors. Experience in a Municipal Government office is preferred.
- Working towards a local government certificate or willingness to do so is a requirement of the job.
- A competitive compensation package will be provided to this full-time senior management position. Salary range $80,000 to $100,000 per annum
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those short listed will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Apr 13, 2022
Closing Date: Apr 25, 2022