The Town of Morinville is seeking a Youth Program Leader who will assist in the development and promotion of social service programs for the youth population within our community. These services will enhance the quality of life for youth through safe program spaces, education, information, volunteer opportunities and development of future leaders By building trust and encouraging open communication the Youth Program Leader will create an environment of supportive encouragement, realistic expectations and empathy.
This position will work as an integral part of the Community Services team and directly report to the Youth Programmer while assisting with the planning and implementation of a variety of youth programs, including the youth centre.
This temporary casual position has a wage rate of $19.00/hour and is expected to end on or before June 16, 2023, based on operational needs. Regular hours of work will be up to 12hrs/week, with a Program Schedule of Tuesday through Thursday from 2:00pm-6:00pm.
Application Deadline: August 23, 2022 at 12:00pm (noon).
Please submit resumes quoting “202242-YPL” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of resumes received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Plan and implement programming while monitoring program budgets.
- Ensure all programming is implemented in accordance with Family and Community Support Service Association of Alberta (FCSSAA) guidelines and expectations.
- Ensure program outcomes are measured to the FCSSAA guidelines through parent questionnaires.
- Design program spaces to have a welcoming feeling for all participants.
- Build relationships with youth in the community.
- Develop, promote, and market youth events through a variety of promotional means (i.e. social media, posters, etc.).
- Work with the community to identify and address gaps in service provision for youth.
- Provide a safe, caring and supportive environment for youth of all ages.
- Work with local organizations to promote youth involvement and volunteerism.
- Post‐secondary education in a Human Services program (Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered).
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in the youth development field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR/AED Certification.
- High Five - Healthy Principles, High Five - Sport, and Suicide Prevention Certifications are assets.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check and Drivers Abstract.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Aug 08, 2022
Closing Date: Aug 23, 2022