The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is currently seeking Casual Venue Technicians to join our Community Services team.
Reporting to the Events & Culture Coordinator, the Venue Technician is responsible for the day to day operation of the audio, visual, staging and lighting equipment in the Morinville Community Cultural Centre (MCCC). The Venue Technician will oversee technical requirements and facilitate the smooth operation of events at the MCCC.
• Provide technical services to events at the MCCC;
• Maintain efficient operations of the theatre;
• On site communication with clients, artists and MCCC staff;
• Occasional mentoring of volunteers and/or students;
• Identify and advise on technical equipment requirements of facility users;
• Complete relevant paperwork;
• Follow safe work practices, OH&S policies' and venue procedures.
• Post-Secondary education in a Technical Theatre Program (currently enrolled will also be considered)
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience in related amateur or theatrical work
• Demonstrated experience in technical direction, production management, touring productions & festivals
• Strong customer service and leadership skills as well as the ability to take initiative are necessary
Hourly Wage of $29.63 per hour. Hours of work for this position are irregular and will vary by shift. Length of shifts may range from a few hours to longer terms. Shifts may include days, evenings, and/or weekends.
Application Deadline: August 16, 2021 at 12:00pm (noon) Please submit resumes by the above noted deadline; however, resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Please submit resumes quoting “Competition #202139-CVT” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125-100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, due to the volume of resumes received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications received for current/past competitions may be used to fill other current or future vacancies.