- Must have a minimum Class 5 Driver’s License in good standing. A Class 3 Driver’s License with Q or Class 1 may be required depending on positions available. Please provide a 5-year driver’s abstract to ensure compliance with County Policy.
- Minimum grade 12 High School Education or GED (General Education Diploma) or equivalent.
- Must have experience and knowledge in the operation of various light equipment including hand and power tools.
- For Public Works- preference will be given to candidates with experience in road or general construction, gravelling, oiling, patching, bridge repair and dust control programs as well as other various projects within the department.
- For Agriculture Services- preference will be given to candidates with experience operating tractors, mowers and other related farm equipment. Experience with maintenance and repairs would be an asset. These positions can be a great fit for students or semi-retired farmers.
- Previous experience in equipment operation through farming or construction.
- Candidate must be physically fit, work independently and be a self-starter.
- Flagging and additional safety training would be an asset.
- Able to establish and maintain a good working relationship with other staff members, supervisors and the general public.
- Able to recognize, rectify and/or report upon actual or potential safety hazards.
- A satisfactory criminal record check is required for all County positions.
- This position will work 9-hour days Monday through Thursday (7am-4:30pm) and 8-hours on Friday (7am-3:30pm) out of the Picture Butte Shop. Positions may be subject to overtime in order to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
If you are interested in a position for 2020 season, please apply by sending your 5-year drivers abstract, cover letter and resume to Human Resources no later than 4:00 pm on Monday March 9, 2020
to be included in our first round of screening and interviews. Applications after this deadline will be accepted, but not include in the first round of screening. Applications can be submitted by email or in person at the Picture Butte Shop or Lethbridge Office. Applicants from this competition will remain on file and may be used to fill additional summer vacancies.
Lethbridge County, Human Resource
#100, 905 - 4th Avenue South, Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 4E4
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: lethcounty.ca
Please submit digital applications by email in PDF format.
Lethbridge County thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.