This position does not have a regular schedule and hours of work are dependent on the need for vacation relief or additional workload throughout the organization. When on assignment, the Casual Clerk will be responsible for providing clerical support on an as-needed basis and will perform the duties of the position being relieved, while reporting directly to the department manager. When the assignment is complete, the Casual Clerk is not on payroll.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Respond to public inquiries over the phone, fax, email, or in person.
- Perform routine data entry.
- Compile and distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, agendas, and other documents for the department.
- Code invoices to appropriate general ledgers and prepare request for cheques and invoices and other financial documents.
- Assist with the County’s Records and Information Management Program through the maintenance, control and disposition of the records.
- Accepts and receives payments for municipal goods and services.
- Perform other related duties as required by supervisor.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
- High School Diploma accompanied with one year of relevant office experience.
- Flexibility to adapt to different department work environments.
- Strong problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in organizing priorities and managing of time.
- Proficient grammar, spelling, punctuation, business letter and report writing techniques.
- Experience working both independently and in group settings.
- A mindset for achieving exceptional internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft Office programs.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $22.27 to $26.04 per hour
Position Type: Casual - As Needed
Posted Date: Aug 05, 2020
Closing Date: Aug 18, 2020
Job ID: 50-2020