Reporting to the Lead Buyer and overseen by the Supervisor, Purchasing and Treasury, the Buyer 2 is responsible for procuring goods and services in accordance with established policies and procedures of the County. The Buyer 2 reviews requisitions, processes purchase orders, conducts vendor sourcing and negotiates with vendors to obtain optimum quality, price and delivery. In addition, they create and maintain the service agreement.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Create and maintain independent vendor agreements in purchasing e-file.
- Process purchase orders in accordance with established practices.
- Assist in resolving 3-way matching inquiries; invoice, receiving and payment.
- Assist the Lead Buyer with competitive bidding opportunities.
- Report on purchasing activities; recurring and ad hoc reports.
- Research sources of supply.
- Promote purchasing best practices.
- Maintain records and files in accordance with established practices.
- Provide inter-departmental coverage as required.
- Perform administrative duties related to procurement, purchasing and inventory control.
- Display a professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use information appropriately, and maintain the confidentiality and security of all information related to employees, business and residents of Rocky View County.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Due to the nature of this position a criminal record check will be required.
- This position is not eligible for remote work.
Minimum of 3 years direct purchasing experience along with SCMP designation or enrolment in the SCMP program.
- Demonstrated time management, organizational, problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Familiarity with using an integrated purchasing / financial software package.
- Experience with APC/MERX system and/or Great Plains (GP) is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, particularly with Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable regarding the CFTA, CETA and New West Trade Partnership Agreements (asset).
- Public procurement experience is an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to https://www.rockyview.ca/careers.
Applications are due by 10 pm MST on the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Position Type: Permanent Full-time
Posted Date: Feb 09, 2022
Closing Date: Feb 21, 2022
Job ID: J0222-0212