The Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA), established in 1909, represents the elected councils of Alberta’s 69 rural municipalities. The RMA’s mission is to empower its members through proactive leadership, strategic partnership, effective advocacy, and collective business services. The RMA fosters a collaborative work environment, and strives to operate as an innovative, responsive, and learning organization.
RMA is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to play a key role in the continued development of our systems and processes. RMA is experiencing exciting growth in our business services areas and are looking for an energetic team player who loves the challenge of working with operational experts to develop and integrate foundational systems for the organization.
As a Business Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise building and implementing business solutions - toward realizing value through levering tools including, but not limited to, SharePoint and the Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI). You would strive for continuous improvement of business processes, incorporate, and integrate existing emerging technologies, enable strong team foundations through leadership, and communicate effectively across all stakeholder levels.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Interpret stakeholder business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Power BI development and administration which includes the ability to construct and deploy new reports, visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards and the ability to identify opportunities to makes changes and provide enhancements to existing Power BI solutions.
- Analyze data and present it through reports that can help in decision-making.
- Collaborate with other team members to design, create, and organize SharePoint site collections that support efficient business process workflows.
- Facilitation skills to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, tasks, and workflow analysis.
- Understand and document as-is and to-be business processes and be a key contributor in designing solutions.
- Create and refine business requirements document, preliminary design/mock-up of new functionality and develop flow charts, functional diagrams, and step by step descriptions and interactions to communicate application design specifications for projects, as required.
- Establish and clearly document requirements, develop use cases, test plans, create end user documentation and training materials and demonstrations.
- Connecting to data sources, importing data, and transforming data for business intelligence.
- Leads the development of business rules to guide data system design, data collection and data analysis.
- Work with IT team members and third parties, as required, to create custom solutions.
- Keep current with internal and external developments, trends, and topics.
- Act as the subject-matter-expert and help with end user setup, support, and troubleshooting.
- Post-secondary Diploma in the field of computer science, business administration or another related Information Technology discipline with four (4) years related Business Analysis experience on information technology and business projects; or Post Secondary Degree with two (2) years related experiences.
- 2+ years of demonstrated Power BI hands-on development and deployment experience.
- High proficiency in Teams, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat is essential.
- Certification in the MS Power Platform, SharePoint, Dynamics 365, Dynamics GP, and/or Application security would be considered an asset.
- Experience with Change Management and/or Project Management.
- Excellent written, oral, and listening communication skills, and exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Personable and able to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, self-motivated, and self-directed.
- Manages multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment while able to quickly analyze problems to reach a conclusion.
- Expects the highest quality performance from self and others.
- Able to and enjoy working in a team environment including keeping others appropriately informed.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Commensurate on experience, post-secondary education (degree/diploma), and determined according to the current RMA salary grid.
Candidates must submit, in confidence, a covering letter and resume detailing qualifications, work experience, and references to Shannan McAuley, Finance & HR Analyst.
We thank all applicants in advance of their submissions, but only those chosen for an interview will be notified.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: May 05, 2022
Closing Date: May 21, 2022