Leduc County is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Business Systems Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Director – Corporate Services, this exciting opportunity evaluates and supports the implementation and maintenance of information management and system technology solutions that support the strategic goals of the organization. Through effectively managing priorities, the analyst is a key contributor to the achievement of the department’s operational deliverables.
The safety of our staff and citizens is our primary concern and we are dedicated to providing and maintaining a healthy work-life balance and environment for our employees.
Leduc County’s mission is to serve its citizens and create an enhanced quality of life through effective leadership, committed partnerships and open, transparent communication. Our vision is to be a leading member of the Edmonton Metropolitan Region, offering an economic advantage, sustainable agricultural network, environmental leadership and an unsurpassed quality of life.
You are a team and relationship builder who promotes a safe, collaborative and professional work environment. You are committed to continuous improvement, customer service, innovation and supporting Leduc County’s vision of growing a vibrant and spirited community.
You are able to explain complicated, complex information and concepts in a simple way for someone who has no knowledge of the subject through presentations, reports and one-on-one meetings.
If you love working together within teams to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of programs and services, and can quickly to adapt to change, keep reading because we want to hear from you!
What’s in it for you
Our leadership team values your voice, input and is committed to your growth and success. We are committed to be our best and hire the best!
We offer a competitive annual salary of between $91,392 - $114,240, municipal pension plan, three-weeks vacation allocation, and an employer-paid comprehensive benefits package.
The opportunity is permanent full-time and is 35 hours per week scheduled Monday to Friday, with some extended hours to meet operational requirements. The office is located at 101-1101 5 St. Nisku, AB.
Key Responsibilities Include:
What you will do
- Collaborates with stakeholders to identify technical solutions to create efficiencies or enhance effectiveness by automating processes or developing software applications.
- Identifies and validates business processes and requirements using a variety of tools and methodologies.
- Conducts analysis to determine project scope that aligns requests with resources.
- Researches, identifies, develops or assists in the implementation of technology solutions that are workable across application domains.
- Plans for and implements testing of technical solutions, utilizing Integrated Systems Testing (IST), User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and defect management and resolution to assure quality.
- Develops and documents best practices and procedures for continuous improvement of business processes and procedures across the organization.
- Supports Corporate Services initiatives by working with Information Technology and other departments to provide expertise and support in change initiatives and new applications.
- Reviews system specifications and systems interface with other applications, and assists in the resolution of service issues.
- Evaluates potential software solutions, and system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements.
- Provides application development and support as needed.
- Adheres to guidelines as set out in Leduc County’s policies and administrative directives.
- Accountable for working in compliance with the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code and participation in the Health, Safety and Wellness Program.
- Performs related duties as required.
What you need to succeed
A diploma or bachelor’s degree in systems analysis and design and five (5) years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst within a complex business environment or municipal government setting with experience leading financial or information management systems projects and initiatives.
Must be able to apply strong analytical, product management (applications/hardware) and technical skills, in order to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements along with experience in large and small application development.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite of tools and other database and spreadsheet applications.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted on our website at careers.leduc-county.com
to be considered. This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Aug 05, 2022
Closing Date: Sept 01, 2022