The Rural Municipalities of Alberta (RMA), established in 1909, represents the elected councils of Alberta’s 69 rural municipalities. The RMA’s mission is to empower its members through proactive leadership, strategic partnership, effective advocacy, and collective business services. The RMA fosters a collaborative work environment, and strives to operate as an innovative, responsive, and learning organization.
The PositionThe RMA is looking for a Business Process Analyst to play a key role in the continued development of our systems and processes.
As a Business Process Analyst, you will be responsible for providing business analysis best practices and data collection methodologies to support business solutions. You would strive for continuous improvement of business processes, incorporate and integrate existing emerging technologies, enable strong team foundations through leadership, and communicate effectively across all stakeholder levels.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Define and document requirements for current and new processes
- Assist with the interpretation of business requirements into feasible options, and communicate back to business stakeholders
- Working closely with all areas in the association, such as business services, advocacy, finance, and compliance to understand current-state processes across all business lines
- Document current and future state business processes and identify capability gaps in a project environment
- Assist with application testing: developing and executing test plans, coordinating testing efforts, and managing expected and actual results
- Develop training materials and conduct training for system users
- Create and execute test plans and test scripts validating that solutions meet agreed-to business requirements
- Coordinate user testing of new and change functionality and solution capabilities
- Research, learn and adapt new technologies and relevant industry standards and best practices
- Collection and compilation of data
- Define reporting requirements across the association
- Design reporting and data visualizations, progress dashboards, and ad hoc analysis for a variety of internal and external audiences through a reporting tool such as Power BI
- Act as a power user for applications and tools and help with end user setup, support, and troubleshooting
- Post-secondary Diploma in the field of computer science, business administration or another related Information Technology discipline with four (4) years related Business Analysis experience on information technology and business projects: or Post Secondary Degree with two (2) years related experiences.
- Experience with Change Management, Project Management.
- 2 – 3 years of accounting experience would be an asset.
- Experience with implementing or upgrading enterprise resource planning solutions that support finance, purchasing and invoicing/billing would be an asset .
- Experience with Great Plains, Dynamics 365, and/or SharePoint would be an asset.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Power BI and/or BIRT Reports.
- High proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat is essential.
- Excellent written, oral, and listening communication skills, and exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Personable and able to build and maintain professional relationships.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, self-motivated, and self-directed.
- Manages multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing environment while able to quickly analyze problems to reach a conclusion.
- Expects the highest quality performance from self and others.
- Able to and enjoy working in a team environment including keeping others appropriately informed.
Additional Job Information:
- Commensurate on experience, post-secondary education (degree/diploma), and determined according to the current RMA salary grid.
Posted Date: May 08, 2020
Closing Date: June 08, 2020