Budget & Financial Planner (Competition #: 11-2020)
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Rate of Pay: $83, 863 – 110,358 per annum
Hours of Work: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Competition Close Date: January 27, 2020
As a key member of Sturgeon County’s Financial Services Team, the Budget & Financial Planner will be responsible for the project management of the annual budget and financial forecast processes in adherence to established standards. This is a collaborative position working in conjunction with other Sturgeon County groups ensuring the annual budget is reflective of Sturgeon County’s Strategic and Corporate Plans.
Please submit your application by email quoting the competition number in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Sturgeon County is an equal opportunity employer.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Planning, coordinating, execution, monitoring, and controlling the annual budget cycle in conjunction with user groups including Financial Services, managers, leadership, and council.
• Creation of the annual budget book and presentation package development considering Leadership team, Strategic Services, and our Communication department requirements.
• Debriefing managers, leadership, and Council following budget approval to receive feedback.
• Lead on budgeting software management including rollover, balancing, testing, maintenance, and over all functionality.
• Researching innovative techniques for budgeting practices, processes, systems, and new methodologies annually to bring forward for consideration while adhering to PSAB and MMGA standards.
• Development and maintenance of relative financial policies, directives, processes, procedures through research and annual reviews.
• Establish and implement budget publication standards for ease of use for readership, in compliance with standards, transparency, and the ability to apply for available awards (GFOA) and certifications.
• Performing analytical procedures against budget fluctuations and multi year forecasting for better planning practices and to identify containment strategy opportunities in conjunction with procurement representative(s).
• Coordinate and complete the Financial Services, General Administration, and Taxation budgets and forecasts annually along with respective presentations required for manager review.
• Coordinate the annual Fees & Charges Bylaw development with management and the Senior Financial Accountant for Council approval.
• Assist Strategic Services, as required, in the development of the annual department, corporate, and strategic plans.
Job Skills & Qualifications
This position requires:
• Bachelor’s degree in an accounting related field and a minimum of 3 years’ experience or be enrolled in an accounting degree program and a minimum of 5 years of relevant accounting;
• strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills;
• Strong detail oriented with figures and excellent mathematical skills;
• Leadership and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to deal with confidential information with a high degree of diplomacy is a must;
• Enrollment in an accounting designation program would be considered an asset.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jan 09, 2020
Closing Date: Jan 27, 2020