Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- minimum three (3) years’ work experience in the Automotive Technician trade
- experience with maintenance and repair of heavy duty equipment and small engines is an asset
- ability to operate/experience with a wide range of equipment
- Municipal experience would be an asset
- Occupational Health & Safety Standards knowledge
- ability to supply required tools to meet the demands of the position
- the ability to test repaired equipment for proper performance to ensure that the work done meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations
- possess superior interpersonal, public relations and verbal/written communication skills
- Journeyman Automotive Technician
- Class 2 driver’s license or the ability to obtain within the first year of employment with airbrake endorsement (at applicant’s expense)
- possess or be able to possess a license to complete Commercial Vehicle Inspections
- First Aid Certification
The successful applicant must have the ability to work flexible hours, evenings and weekends, with the future possibility of requirement to work shifts. Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check and Driver’s Abstract as part of the hiring process.
This position is an out of office position with standing in work areas for prolonged periods of time and walking between areas and buildings may be required. The environment may have loud noise from equipment/machines at a level where ear protection is recommended.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 12:00 noon (MT) on June 16, 2021. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.