Key Responsibilities Include:
Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure Services, the Assistant Manager of Infrastructure Services is responsible for providing a variety of operational duties related to Yellowhead County road and bridge systems, erosion and drainage projects, approach approvals and is responsible to assist the Manager of Infrastructure Services in the delivery of engineering services for Yellowhead County Infrastructure.
The salary range is $72,440.00 to $91,709.00 per year. Yellowhead County offers a competitive benefits package.
For a full job description of required skills, education, qualifications and experience go to the County website at www.yellowheadcounty.ab.ca/employment.
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Submit resumes in confidence quoting competition #18-002 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply directly online at www.yellowheadcounty.ab.ca/employment
- Prepare contracts, coordinate and supervise a variety of maintenance contracts associated with crack sealing, line painting, brushing and mowing programs, and re-gravelling and bridge maintenance programs.
- Coordinate required pre-construction, progress and post-construction site meetings.
- Monitor project expenditures within the approved budget.
- Check and approve invoices and progress claims within approved projects.
- Provide budget submissions and report to the Manager of Infrastructure for the areas of responsibility.
- Prepare limited reports and grants applications for submission to various departments of the Provincial Government.
- Responsible to ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner as required by Council policy or legislation and stop work if not in compliance with Council’s safety policy or Legislation. Report work infractions to the Director of Infrastructure Services.
- Assist with the development of long-term planning for re-gravelling, gravel crushing and maintain/update records of each program.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of suitable databases to support the work of the department, including historical and future information and the ability to present the information graphically and textually.
- Conduct traffic counts and maintain traffic records.
- Assist in maintaining County mapping of infrastructure.
- Document, investigate and prepare reports and respond to complaints received from the public for the areas of responsibility (road allowances and approaches).
- Assist in other related duties as assigned by the Manager of Infrastructure Services or Department Director.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: The salary range is $72,440.00 to $91,709.00 per year. Yellowhead County offers a competitive benefit package.
Posted Date: Dec 03, 2018
Closing Date: Jan 31, 2018