Reporting to the Agriculture Fieldman, this position is responsible for assisting in the implementation and management of sound agricultural programs for the public and for the implementation of the ALUS program.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provides technical support to the ALUS PAC (Partnership Advisory Committee) including GIS mapping, creating and presenting project summaries for potential projects at PAC meetings.
- Liaising with agricultural producers to create project proposals, monitor current projects, and providing program support.
- Liaison with local non-profit organizations to deliver the ALUS program.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of Agriculture and ALUS expenditures and budget planning.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and managing relationships with partner organizations.
- Assist in advisory role to producers on agricultural and other related topics.
- Assist in supervising and providing training and guidance for summer staff and project personnel.
- Provides monthly reports to the Agricultural Fieldman.
- Assist Agricultural Fieldman with ASB meetings.
- Responsible for the planning of extension workshops to the public.
- Act as resource person to the Agriculture Fieldman and sits on various committees as required.
- Adheres to guidelines as set out in accordance with established policy:
- Pest Control
- Soil Conservation and Demonstration
- Weed Inspection and Control
- Roadside Vegetation
- Rural and Community Services:
- Public awareness through workshops, seminars, field days and provide educational materials.
- Assist in the equipment rental program.
- Assist farmers with development of environmental farm plans and CAP grant applications.
- Administer Shelterbelt program.
- Other duties as required
- Degree (B.Sc./P.Ag) or diploma in Agriculture or Environmental Sciences is desirable
- Pesticide Applicators License‐ Agriculture, Industrial and Landscape Certificates
- Good physical condition to perform both field and office duties
- Familiarity with ALUS Canada
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s
- Provide a current 5 yr drivers abstract
- Certification or willingness to obtain: WHMIS, TDG, Standard First Aid/CPR, ATV Rider Training and or other training as required
Additional Job Information:
Position Type: Temporary Full-Time (2 Year Term)
Posted Date: Apr 03, 2019
Closing Date: Apr 30, 2019