As a member of the Corporate and Financial Services team, the Asset Management Specialist / Project Manager develops, coordinates, and maintains the County’s asset management and the project management program. The Asset Management Specialist / Project Manager will work closely with GIS, as well as all departments at Wheatland County.
This position works a 5 day work week, Monday to Friday, with one day off in a 3 week cycle. The hours of work are a standard 37.5 hour work week.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the services and activities of the County’s asset management program, related activities, operations, and support County staff utilizing the County’s asset management system.
- Provides technical training, assistance, and leadership on asset management best practices and use of asset management software to management and staff.
- Work in coordination with GIS and IT Services to map out all Wheatland County assets.
- Make recommendations regarding the development, alteration, or improvement of workflow processes, procedures, or techniques to better meet municipal requirements for asset management and GIS mapping standards and procedures.
- Lead stakeholders through the development and implementation of asset management processes such as policy, strategy, and procedures.
- Performs application administration functions within the asset management software.
- Manage, coordinate the collection, update, and maintain the spatial and nonspatial data/information for the County infrastructure relevant to asset management databases.
- Participates in evaluating asset management software solutions.
- Assist in maintenance and management of the County’s general ledger and asset management system as it relates to capital assets, asset acquisitions and dispositions, construction work in progress, project funding, and amortization of assets.
- Works to utilize grant funding opportunities when applicable for asset management.
- Support the Finance department in the annual capital budget process by providing reports and asset performance statistics.
- Maintain management oversight of the asset management process and ensure that service levels are maintained and appropriate guidance to the organization is made to ensure the service levels and KPIs meet management requirements.
- Responsible for creating project management framework in collaboration with senior management.
- Provides education, training, assistance, and leadership on project management best practices to Council, management, and staff.
- Provides project management expertise and advice in the development, implementation, monitoring, and continuous improvement of project management.
- Works to utilize grant funding opportunities when applicable for project management.
- Perform other tasks within the team as required including special projects, assignments etc. on an ad hoc basis.
- Ensure adherence to all applicable Wheatland County policies and bylaws.
- Ensure compliance with OH&S including attendance at safety meetings, being properly trained in OH&S related topics (e.g., Emergency Management training and exercises), and ensuring work is completed in a safe manner.
- Appropriately, and in a timely manner complete administrative tasks (e.g., timesheets, project status reports).
- Relate to and communicate with co-workers, management, customers and the public ethically, sincerely, clearly, tactfully, promptly and courteously; respond to inquiries and complaints promptly and professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Engineering, Public Administration, Geographic Information Systems, Information Systems or other related discipline with 4 years of progressive and related experience related to municipal asset management, OR a diploma in a related discipline with 5 years of progressive and related experience related to public/private sector asset management.
- PMP certified (preferred) or 4+ years of proven project management experience following PMBOK waterfall and/or agile principals with the intent to become PMP certified.
- Proficiency in Cityworks, ArcGIS.XML, and SQL relational databases will be considered an asset.
- Candidates with experience in a rural municipality setting and asset/project management would be an asset
- Proficiency in computer programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and Asset Management Software
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently to meet deadlines
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Valid Class 5 Alberta drivers’ licence
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Sept 03, 2020
Closing Date: Sept 28, 2020