Asset Management Coordinator
Competition number: 207-2022-EXT-UTL
Closing date: 04/24/2022
Job type: Permanent Full-time
Pay range: $54.90 to $68.63 per hour ($99,918.00 to $124,906.60 per year)
Hours: 35 hours per week
This posting is for 1 Permanent, Full-time position
The Asset Management Coordinator will champion the implementation and continuous advancement of the Utilities department Asset Management program. This role is responsible for Utilities’ Asset Management strategic planning, asset risk assessments and asset investment planning to ensure adequate resources for sustainable Utilities infrastructure.
This position will ensure the progression of asset managements tools and Utilities asset management knowledge within engineering, operations and finance branches. The Asset Management Coordinator provides professional knowledge on Asset Management programs to a wide variety of stakeholders and must effectively represent Utilities on a corporate level.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Champion the development and implementation of Asset Management practices within the Utilities department for water, wastewater, stormwater, waste management and community energy
- Lead the department in advancing Asset Management planning, asset risk assessments, options analyses, renewal planning and asset investment planning
- Represent the Utilities department within the Corporate Asset Management program
- Ensure Utilities Asset Management advancement is aligned with corporate initiatives and processes
- Lead asset management specific initiatives that will increase the asset management maturity within the department
- Explore external influences, trends, innovation and best practices to deliver new efficiencies and improvements within the departments Asset Management program
- Inspect infrastructures through field visits
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain a professional and positive image to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills to research and explore Asset Management best practices and apply the knowledge to advance Asset Management
- Leadership and motivation to ensure continuous advancement of Utilities’ department Asset Management initiatives
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced work environment
Conditions of Employment
- Post-secondary Degree in Civil or Municipal Engineering
- Professional Engineer; member or eligible to be a member of APEGA
- Minimum 7 years related experience in Asset Management
- Experience with VueWorks considered an asset
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Submission of Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence and submission of a 5-year Driver’s Abstract with less than 7 demerits
Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume.
To apply, go to: https://www.strathcona.ca/council-county/careers/opportunity/207-2022-ext-utl/
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #207-2022-EXT-UTL closes April 24, 2022
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.
Candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter along with their resume.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Apr 01, 2022
Closing Date: Apr 24, 2022