QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience with Aquatics in a supervisory role.
- Certifications: Current Standard First Aid & CPR-C, Lifesaving Instructor/Examiner, National Lifeguard Instructor/Examiner Pool Option
- Pool Operators I and II
- Experience maintaining an Aquatic Facility
- Criminal record check with vulnerable sector.
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s Licence (or provincial equivalent).
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Proven communications and public relations skills.
- Proven accuracy and reliability in performance of work.
- Ability to stay organized and maintain efficiency when dealing with multiple priorities.
- Strong flexibility, self-initiative, independence, office, and organizational skills.
: The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities and activities required for this position but gives a general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
HEALTH & SAFETY:
All personnel working at the Town of Slave Lake are governed by the Health & Safety Policy.
- Occasional moderate lifting.
- Being in and out of the pool on a regular basis.
- Exposure to heat, chlorine, humidity, and other chemicals.
- Noise level is usually moderate.
- May be assigned an irregular work schedule, including weekends, early mornings, and evenings.
- Extensive use of computer and telephone.
- Normal working day consists of a maximum of 7.5 hours; however, occasional extended hours may be required.
COMPENSATION AND REWARDS:
- Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Town Policies and all Occupational Health and Safety Rules and Regulations.
The Town of Slave Lake offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an employer matched pension plan. We foster a culture of learning and development to support employees as they grow, through a variety of employee development initiatives, an education assistance program and special project opportunities.
How to apply:
Send your cover letter and resume (ensuring to include the job title in your email subject heading) to:
- A cover letter clearly indicating the position title, accompanied by an up-to-date resume is required.
- Shortlisted candidates will undergo a skills and personality assessment test.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide professional references and an acceptable criminal record check.
Human Resources, Town of Slave Lake
10 Main Street S.W. P.O. Box 1030, Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0
PLEASE NOTE: The application review will be ongoing, and the position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will contact only those under consideration.