• Success in this position will be maximized by a candidate who has proven knowledge and skills acquired through a combination of education and practical experience in a technology capacity, preferably in a municipal environment.
• Specific requirements of this position are:
• Post-Secondary degree or 2-year diploma in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, or other related discipline from a recognized institution is required
• 4-6 years related experience in the following areas:
• installing, configuring, and supporting critical business applications in a Windows environment.
• Administering, configuring, supporting Microsoft SQL Server
• Administering, configuring, supporting Microsoft Windows Server
• Experience with programming/scripting languages and willingness/ability to learn.
• Experience building reports based on business requirements.
• Experience in administering Microsoft Sharepoint.
• Excellent presentation skills and a demonstrated ability to provide training to end users.
• Exceptional attention to detail and committed to a high degree of accuracy.
• Self-directed and proactive; thinks beyond the immediate problem with the ability to analyze situations/problems systematically and deliver effective right-sized solutions in a timely manner.
• Possess an inherent passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
• Customer centric approach; focused on providing a positive user experience and outstanding service to staff.
• Demonstrated ability and skills to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and manage multiple projects with varying schedules.
• A valid Class 5 Driver’s License registered in Alberta or Saskatchewan with an acceptable Driver’s Abstract is required. This position will be required to operate a personal vehicle for business purposes.
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
• Successful applicant must provide proof of qualifications.
This position works 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday, the requirement to work additional hours during periodic situations may occur.