Reporting to the Agricultural Fieldman, Agriculture Laborers are responsible for the inspection and control of weeds, pest’s and vegetation control throughout the County.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Operate truck and trailer mounted sprayers or all-terrain vehicle mounted spraying equipment to apply herbicides on County road right-of-ways and area of weed infestation in compliance with provincial regulations and standard practices.
- Inform landowners of all control measures.
- Daily monitor and service application equipment to ensure safe and proper operation.
- The ability to deal with the public effectively and courteously.
- Accurate records, mapping, use of computer and GPS for documentation of vegetation management area.
- Assist with other related duties pertaining to the functions of Agricultural Services as directed.
Education & Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s.
- Current drivers abstract.
- Minimum grade 12 diploma.
- Certification or willingness to obtain: WHMIS, TDG, Standard First Aid/CPR, ATV Rider Training, Pesticide Applicators License or other training as required.
- Good physical condition to perform both field and office duties.
Working Conditions and Physical Environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Record keeping skills.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Weed and Crop identification and knowledge – Asset.
- Pesticide application knowledge and experience – Asset.
- Map reading skills and working knowledge of Geographical Positioning System (GPS) & Geographic Information System (GIS).
Submit cover letter and resume, including references to:
- Work is performed at various outdoor work sites within the County.
- Use and operation of trucks and ATV’s.
- Work may be performed in extreme temperatures.
- Physical job requirements: May require lifting and carrying of up to 23 kg, bending, twisting, kneeling, squatting, crawling.
- Exposure to outdoor conditions.
- Dust and fumes.
- Normal works days consist of 8 hours; however occasional overtime may be required
Apply online at: https://www.biglakescounty.ca/employment/
Or email: email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Open until suitable candidates are found.
- Eunice McCauley
- Human Resources Manager
- Big Lakes County
- Box 239, High Prairie, AB T0G 1E0
- Ph: 780-523-5955 Fx: 780-523-4227
Big Lakes County thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Visit our website at www.biglakescounty.ca for more information.
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Jan 25, 2022
Closing Date: Apr 30, 2022