Key Responsibilities Include:
• Provide hands-on services as well as supervise the implementation of weed inspection / pesticide application, shelterbelt tree programs, educational programs, and a variety of other Agricultural Service Board Programs.
• Assist in the Administration, interpretation, and enforcement of compliance to the Agricultural Service Board Act, the Weed Control Act, and all other related provincial acts as prescribed.
• Ensure that the dialogue between Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Agriculture departments is maintained and local producers are well informed of programs and technology transfer.
• Assist in training and supervision of seasonal employees.
• Assist in the Rental Equipment Program.
• Provide technical support and extension work to deliver Athabasca County obligations stated in the Environmental Funding Stream Grant and Agricultural Service Board Grant.
• Research external funding sources and draft proposals to obtain funding for related programs.
• Provide reports on activities, year-end project reports, grant claims, and assist with draft budget.
• Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess a degree or diploma in Agriculture or Environmental Sciences and hold a Pesticide Applicators License as well as a valid Class 5 Drivers License.
Additional Job Information:
Salary Range: $64,936 - $75,966
Posted Date: Apr 03, 2019
Closing Date: Apr 19, 2019