Reporting to the Farm Productions Specialist, the Agriculture and Environmental Coordinator will help the Agricultural Service Board achieve its objective of protecting and promoting the growth of the Agriculture Industry and Environmental Stewardship Projects in the Athabasca Region.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Provide hands-on services as well as supervise the implementation of weed inspection / pesticide application, shelterbelt tree programs, educational programs, and a variety of other Agricultural Service Board Programs.
• Assist in the Administration, interpretation, and enforcement of compliance to the Agricultural Service Board Act, the Weed Control Act, and all other related provincial acts as prescribed.
• Ensure that the dialogue between Federal, Provincial, and Municipal Agriculture departments is maintained and local producers are well informed of programs and technology transfer.
• Assist in training and supervision of seasonal employees.
• Assist in the Rental Equipment Program.
• Provide technical support and extension work to deliver Athabasca County obligations stated in the Environmental Funding Stream Grant and Agricultural Service Board Grant.
• Research external funding sources and draft proposals to obtain funding for related programs.
• Provide reports on activities, year-end project reports, grant claims, and assist with draft budget.
• Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess a degree or diploma in Agriculture or Environmental Sciences and hold a Pesticide Applicators License as well as a valid Class 5 Drivers License.