Coordination and supervision of agricultural staff during field season, contract administration, herbicide applicators program, compliance and enforcement, data management and pest control.
Key Responsibilities Include:
1. Agricultural background, education or membership with Alberta Institute of Agrologists or related experience.
2. Knowledge of plants, pests, insects and diseases and the related legislation.
3. Pesticide Applicators Certificate with Agricultural Industrial designation. Landscape and Forestry designations would be an asset.
4. P.A.L., F.A.C., Firearms License/Possession/Acquisition Certificates.
5. Experience in supervising and communicating with staff and in responding to concerns of elected officials and the public.
6. Ability to communicate effectively using courtesy, tact and discretion.
7. Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
8. Ability to function as a member of the team and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
9. Ensure all operations are performed in a safe manner and in accordance with County policies and the law as set forth by Alberta Occupational Health & Safety Act, Regulations and Code.
10. Ability to provide and maintain a minimum satisfactory Class 5 Driver’s License abstract and acceptable criminal records check.
11. Ability to ensure all work-related information is kept confidential and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
This position reports directly to the Ag. Services Coordinator. Salary range $77,552.07 to $96,939.24. We offer an excellent group benefits package. Must be able to provide a driver’s abstract and criminal record check suitable to Saddle Hills County. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the position and are not intended to be a complete job description of all responsibilities and activities required for this position.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired. Saddle Hills County would like to thank all those interested in the position. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Please send resumes clearly marked “Personal & Confidential” to:
Saddle Hills County
Spirit River, AB T0H 3G0
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (780)864-3904 Ph. (780)864-3760
Additional Job Information:
Posted Date: Aug 16, 2022
Closing Date: Sept 09, 2022